I struggle with wrapping up our last days in Boston. I’m not sure what I should write, what needs to be conveyed, and most importantly how to convey it. I want readers to leave with a sense of profound understanding and depth after reading this post, but I am unsure if I would be able to accomplish that. What brilliant words of wisdom can I impart…? I’m sitting in the dining area of Hosteling International staring out the window at cars going by, people bustling to and from their destination, and a city going about business as usual.  I’m struck with the knowledge that when we leave, Boston will still continue to run the way it always has, with or without us. Depressing? No. It’s enlightening and refreshing. I’ve come to realize that I can’t wait for opportunities to come to me. Rather, I need to actively search for a way to make a difference because life won’t wait for me. The world doesn’t stop until I can get my bearings and figuring that there are people in need. Things keep happening whether I lift a finger to help or not, but where do I want to place myself in the continuum?

Volunteering at Community Servings (shout out to Fernandez, Lekisha, Kevin, Melissa, Chief Pierre, Sean, and any others that I forgot to mention) was an incredible and physically laboring experience. I would come back to the hostel after 7 hours of kitchen duty and slip into a state of blissful unconscious awareness of anything and everything (aka sleep) and wake up with the acute need to be back in the kitchen listening to Dark Horse and Happy for the umpteenth time (the soundtrack to our ASB trip by the way, right Ricky?), joking with the kitchen staff and making meals that help sustain the lives of over 800 people. I think back at the week we’ve had, the impact we’ve made, and the friendships forged and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to get out of the cyclic nature of me, myself, and I. The challenge for me is to not let this experience end. I need to remember what we’ve done here this past week and the lessons we learned.

So how do I end this blog? The only way that seems fitting for someone who has absolutely no social media accounts… in hashtags! Hope you’ve enjoyed reading our rants, because we sure enjoyed writing them.Remember that happiness starts with you, life is like a box of chocolates, and that if change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

#bestasbteamever  #inbedwithricky  #alexisissassy  #darkhorse  #happy   #Fernandez  #vamanos  #thefishismyfriend   #duh  #noben   #zackisasociopath   #deanofsex  #eugeneitsyourmother  #RICHARD  #dishroom  #lickingtrainpoles  #rickyisalwayshungry  #tacoteam  #holymatrimonybatman  #pitchperfect  #deliberation  #tunahands  #earlyisontime   #nowastingtime  #reflections  #teambonding  #deepconversations  #14inches  #Bahhhbrah  #passion  #20seconds  #weirdart  #carrotsfordays  #pierevelation  #stacydancing  #aleve  #chickengrease  #whatisspringbreak  #HostelingInternational  #socialjustice  #makingadifference   #activecitizen #communityservings  #landiscenter  #ASB  #Boston  #newyorkisbetter  #sonotsorry