Dear Team Shell Shock Fans,

After almost finally finishing packing, at 11:30 pm, the night before our 4:15 am arrival at the airport, I have time to think about what the next ten days are going to have in store for us 16 lucky Lafayette students and faculty members. To be honest I have no idea what to expect, and I kind of feel like I’m walking in blind. Although these months of hard work and  preparation ensure me that I am not actually blindly winging this process, but as a first time team leader and only newly 20 years old, I cannot help to be a little but nervous. As most ASB trips have been mainly on focused social issues pertaining to societal injustices and even some about environmental conservation, this is the first one that I have heard about that is based on the almost forgotten (or at least frequently overlooked) issue of animal conservation, sea turtles specifically for all of the fans who are just joining us, and I hope that it creates a positive precedent for future trips. All I can hope that this experience will bring everyone awareness, wisdom, curiosity, fun, and something they will never forget and will hopefully want to continue having an active role in.

Adios America,

Olivia

1. Maggie Frodell says:

Dearest Olivia,

You were born ready to be a team leader and you’re going to rock it! Have fun, and I cannot wait to hear all about your amazing team and their adventures when you all return!

Maggie