Started the day by meeting up with my ASB team at March Field at seven in the morning. I woke up with a great attitude knowing that our journey to Hazard, Kentucky was going to be a blast. Eleven hours went by on the road, and I experienced a whole new part of the East Coast. I saw several mountainous hillsides and many cows on the farm. We took several driving shifts, and got to know each other very well. As we got further south, I began to notice the rural poverty in the hillsides of Kentucky. I saw trailer parks, mobile houses, worn down neighborhoods and empty houses. I knew that I was in an area where rural poverty was affecting the communities and lives of people. I saw neighborhoods where there were no sidewalks on the street; houses were bunched together and had weak infrastructures. I was so unused to such sight. Everyone on our trip had the same initial reactions when seeing such communities. Once we settled down, everyone took the time to reflect on his or her car rides. We came to the agreement that we were going to work as hard as we could to help the rural poverty conditions in Hazard, Kentucky. Now that the day is over, I look forward to the next few days full of service and memorable experiences!