Today was our last day of work at Camp Coast Care. Early tomorrow morning we head back to PA. I can’t believe how quickly time has flown. It seems like it was only a couple of days ago we arrived at the camp.
After working in the kitchen yesterday, I returned to the house I had worked on earlier in the week. Our team finished siding the last wall and we were all very satisfied with the work we did at the site. Our site construction supervisor made us a BBQ lunch and we had time to admire all the progress we had made throughout the week.
After work, we had our last reflection. After grabbing food at Sonic, we headed to the shore and spent some quality time under the Friendship Tree, which is a large oak tree on a beach-front college campus. I will miss the natural beauty of the Gulf Coast and bonding with the group during our evening reflections.
I am really sad to be leaving MS. Throughout the week, our team grew incredibly close and it will be hard to not be together all the time back at Lafayette. We also met many other amazing people at Camp Coast Care whom we have developed amazing friendships with and it will be hard to leave our new friends behind. I will always remember this week as one of the most influential and cherished moments in my life.
I hope you all have enjoyed reading our blog and following all the great things we have experienced on our trip.